by Yasmine Mansouri, Desserts, posted on 12/14/19
- Ingredients for 5 people
- 2 batches flax egg (2 Tbsp (14 g) flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp (75 ml) water as original recipe is written)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or sub another neutral oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed dry and lightly packed in measuring cup)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour (finely ground rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup almond flour (or almond meal, though I haven't tested it this way)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips (plus more for topping // I like Enjoy Life brand)
- Prep. time 15 min.
- Cook time 60 min.
- Level Easy
Let's get started
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a standard 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (as original recipe is written // use fewer or more pans if altering batch size).
In a large mixing bowl, prepare flax eggs and let rest for 5 minutes. Then add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk again.
Next add the melted coconut oil and almond milk and whisk to combine. Add grated zucchini (that's been squeezed of excess moisture) and stir to combine.
Add gluten-free flour, oat flour, and almond flour and whisk until just combined. If the batter appears too thick, add a touch more almond milk. But it should be thick and scoopable.
Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Then transfer batter to the loaf pan and top with a few more chocolate chips (optional).
Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges feel semi-firm to the touch.
Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then carefully lift onto a cooling rack using the parchment paper. Texture is best when cooled completely. Will keep covered at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
by سميره الشهري
by Hajer Ahmad
by Bayan alrashed