Blackbeans oatmeal pilaf by Kiipfit.com
by Yasmine Mansouri, Main dishes, posted on 04/19/19
- Ingredients for 3 people
- 1 cup steel cut oats (dry)
- 2 cups water (try it with veg. stock)
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp chopped garlic (1 big clove is enough)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro (fresh) (1/2 cup is enough)
- 1 15oz black beans can (rinsed and drained) (4 oz, about 1/2 a cup, is SO enough)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Prep. time 10 min.
- Cook time 15 min.
- Level Easy
Let's get started
In a saucepan combine oats and water and cook uncovered until water almost dries up. Keep stirring at intervals. When done turn off the flame, stir very well and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add garlic.
As soon as garlic starts browning add green and red bell pepper and carrots. Sautee well for 30 seconds.
Add cilantro and sauté again for 30 seconds.
Add black beans, cumin powder, black pepper and salt.
Mix very well and cook for couple of minutes
Add cooked oats and mix gently making sure that black beans do not get smashed and yet the pilaf blends well with the flavors.
Let it cook uncovered in a low flame for 5 minutes.
Now, mix gently again with spatula making sure that it’s not sticking to the pan. (A slight mushy texture of oatmeal is normal).
Now, add lime juice and mix again.
Turn off the flame and serve warm.
by batul abo saleem
by sumy sallam
by fafau fafau