Artichoke alfredo pasta by Elizabeth Castoria
by Yasmine Mansouri, Main dishes, posted on 01/28/19
- Ingredients for 4 people
- garlic cloves, crushed
- One 12-ounce jar (or two 6-ounce jars) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- One 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 12-ounce box dried pasta of your choice (we used brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- Prep. time 30 min.
- Cook time 25 min.
- Level Medium
Let's get started
Finely mince the garlic in a food processor or blender (see Note). Add the artichoke hearts, white beans, and vegetable broth and process until smooth. Add the almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Set aside.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain well and return to the pot.
Add the sauce to the pasta and toss gently to combine and heat through. Serve hot sprinkled with the parsley. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
by fafau fafau
by الشيف ريم العتيبي
by REEM ALAA